Who says I'm too old to write? Probably the same folks who say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Or the ones who say you can't find love after 40. To this, I say, I am reinventing myself at 50. I have found love at 50. And, I am 50 times a writer! My mission is to write, out of my Being, words that illuminate and evoke honesty, liberty and connection.



Thursday, January 6, 2011

My post from last night (January 5, 2011)

I didn't tell you that I'm on two dating sites.  One, a free site and the other is a Christian site.   Seems like the flirts, messages and gifts have declined some today.  I guess when you're on dating sites, you get a lot of traffic one day and the next, you receive precious little.  That's the reason why I have to wear this dating stuff loosely.  I don't want it to become something I'm compulsive about.  It's easy to become consumed.  Gotta keep my perspective and most of all keep my balance.
 
Can I have a sitting-on-the-side-of-my-bed unsnapping-my-bra moment of honesty?  I don't like going out on weekdays.  I love guys and I sincerely want to get my dating back on; but I'm snug as a bug in this apartrment.  ChiilIin.  I''ve found a renewed joy in just being with myself.  This morning, I got up and changed into some workout clothes.  I had come across Bodies In Motion with Gillaad on the Fitness Channel and awakened with the intent of working out.  It was good.  I was pooped after 20 minutes!.  As the kids say, "He go hard!" 
 
Back to dating.  I gotta catch you up!  Along with the three phone numbers, there was a gentleman I met on the free dating website who called me twice.  We'll call him Mr. Mature.  He's the grandfather of 6 and this is the second night he's called me.  A grandfather, hummmmmm.  Why does his being a grandfather creep me out?  It's not like I'm not at an age where I could be a grandmother.  I just don't feel like one.  Nevertheless, he's new to the area and trying to get settled but desires something long-term with a special woman.  I have to admit, his manner is one of a true gentleman.  He is easy-going and polite.  I'm concerned that he talks rather slowly.  You know the way an older person talks - slow and d-e-l-i-b-e-r-a-t-e.  His picture doesn't look that old but his voice reminds me of a deacon or trustee in a Baptist church.  Okay, okay, he sounds OLD.  He's 57 but there are youthful 57 year olds, right?  I'm trying to stay open, here.  I'm so vivacious and high energy.  Well, I won't know until I know. 
 
We both said we want to take things slow.  Let me clarify slow though.  Slow, to me, means not hopping into the sack or falling in love with a feeling.  Slow means taking the time to get to know a person.  Asking the right questions yes; AND getting into their space.  He has suggested getting together for a nice dinner but hasn't set a date yet.  I have to be fair.  He just moved here three months ago from another state.  Okay, okay, but I gotta do what'll keep me from weirding out.  I got it.  I'll give our talking to each other until this weekend.  That'll be about a week.  If he doesn't pursue getting into my space, I'll be forthcoming about wanting to meet him.  If he shys away from it, I'll see that as a flag and keep it moving forward.  There's slow and then there's s-l-o-w. 
 
Well, that's it for tonight.  I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment