Who says I'm too old to write? Probably the same folks who say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Or the ones who say you can't find love after 40. To this, I say, I am reinventing myself at 50. I have found love at 50. And, I am 50 times a writer! My mission is to write, out of my Being, words that illuminate and evoke honesty, liberty and connection.



Thursday, January 6, 2011

Today's Post: Put Myself First!

Just finished my Bodies in Motion workout with Gillaad.  Oooooooooh-weeeeeeee, my shoulder muscles and calves ache but I think it's good.  We'll see if it's a hurt so good or if I'll end up in traction. 

After a couple of days of being back to work, I feel I need to establish another ground rule.  Put myself first!  I find myself getting back into the rut of putting work first.  Take last night for instance.  I worked until 9pm.  The only reason I stopped was Mr. Mature called.  Wrong order. I've set some goals that will enhance my life and make me a more rounded individual.  One of those goals is dating.  Another is writing.  I believe that the energy that I create in being consistent with both will attract to me what I'm looking for:  getting a paying gig as a writer and meeting a romantic partner with which to share my life. 

So here's what I am going to do, TODAY.  One, I'm gonna call the contact that my friend gave me who helps writers market their work.  One thing I hadn't thought about was blogging for money.  Bloggers get paid!  Maybe that's an avenue we can explore.  Second, I'm going to contact one of the three phone numbers I got within 24 hours of activating my dating profile.  If he doesn't answer, I'll go to the next one.  It's about exercising that heart muscle.  Getting back out there.  Creating the future that I want, one step at a time.

I've found that if I don't establish some boundaries around my priorities, my work life will intrude.  It's not so much that I work long hours, rather, it's the mental tiredness that results.  When I'm mentally tired, I won't challenge myself to do anything more than cut on the TV or read.  I go into hibernation mode. 

Sooooooooooooo, I'm going to take my shower and get ready for work.  I'll holla at you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment